1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Which backpack blower. Echo Or Stihl

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by gosselin142258, May 21, 2008.

1. gosselin142258

gosselin142258 LawnSite Member
    from Mass

Here's the story I have a chance to buy either a echo 403t blower or a stihl br340 blower the stihl is $50 more then the echo. but is it truly worth the extra money? I'd appreciate all opinions. Also both are in good working order.

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

$50 is not much money...which has better dealer support? I have the BR600 and no complaints.

3. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Stihl............

4. weeble67

weeble67 LawnSite Senior Member

I've had the BR340 for a few years now. I love it. Never any issues.

5. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

ECHO or Stihl ...Which one do you like the best ?? They both work well. We use ECHO and have no complaints.

6. BurkartLandscape

BurkartLandscape LawnSite Member

I have the echo 750 T something. The biggest one. it works great and blows over a House. I like stihl also. I guess it comes down to which one you like most... Sorry for not being any help

7. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Senior Member

Echo or Stihl....Ford or Chevy, it is a matter of choice. I have an Echo 750 T and an older 603 model. Both have been great units. I don't think the 403 is a commercial unit though. I know they sell it at Home Depot. I have never had a till backpack, only a handheld, but I have plenty of other stihl equipment. No problems with the quality or either brand.

8. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

How much money are we talking about total. Last year you could get the Echo 750 for $429., no tax & free shipping.

9. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Stihl, Echo went down hill, when stihl goes the same way, I vote shindaiwa ...

10. abclawncare

abclawncare LawnSite Member

definitely stihl have the 340 and the 380 both are great, i have a friend who has an echo blower and dosen`t like it, didn`t last.