1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Which backup trimmer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ALEX'S LANDSCAPING, Jan 2, 2012.

1. HartselleLawnEnforcement

HartselleLawnEnforcement LawnSite Member

I was in your situation this summer. I had the money just burning a hole in my pocket and wanted something new, so I went and got a "backup" trimmer.. I never touched the old trimmer after I got the new one.

I really wish I would've saved the money for something I actually would've needed later. Unless your old trimmer is falling apart, save that money and get something you REALLY need later on! :waving:

2. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

if happy withg the fs90 ide get same model so when first wears out it can become parts for the second one , and so on and so on forever

3. 2stroked

2stroked LawnSite Senior Member

Business partners. It never ends well.

4. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

I agree, whether they're partners or investors everyone has their own idea of how things should be done. When I started working with my father I told him I had no interest in being a partner, I make points on different things, and he has the final say. As for the weedwhacker, wait until you NEED one, and purchase a model you already have to keep maintenance easier.