• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

Which blades for 757 Deere?

Daren

LawnSite Member
Hello,
I just purchased a 2002 deere 757 with 60 inch deck. Nice machine. Just wanting suggestions for blades. I have a 2006 Scag Wildcat and it throws the grass out nicely without grass piling up but the deere leaves a smooth line of grass clumped up. Would gator blades help this or what is everyones suggestions?

Thanks,
Daren

DLCS

LawnSite Platinum Member
I use the JD oem highlifts on mine or I use double blades. I have found the best setup for double blades are the JD oem highlifts on top and a Dixie Chopper highlift on the bottom. You can get the Dixie Chopper highlifts from J-Thomas for less than 10 bucks a blade.

naturescape

LawnSite Bronze Member
For the next 2 weeks we will give 20% off all orders if you tell us you saw this on this site.
A suggestion from someone who tried them - don't bother!

JD657757

LawnSite Member
I use the JD oem highlifts on mine or I use double blades. I have found the best setup for double blades are the JD oem highlifts on top and a Dixie Chopper highlift on the bottom. You can get the Dixie Chopper highlifts from J-Thomas for less than 10 bucks a blade.
could you post a picture of how you have this set up. I tried this on mine, but I don't think I had it set up right.

DLCS

LawnSite Platinum Member
Just put the stock JD highlift on top and bolt the Dixie Chopper blade(with a 5/8" hole) on bottom. Since the JD blade is what they call a step down blade it will actually cut a little lower than the Dixie blade. So it works perfect that way.

lawnboyblake

LawnSite Member
Just put the stock JD highlift on top and bolt the Dixie Chopper blade(with a 5/8" hole) on bottom. Since the JD blade is what they call a step down blade it will actually cut a little lower than the Dixie blade. So it works perfect that way.
Did you use the stock bolt? Just checking, but when you run doubles they are goin to be in an X pattern correct?

DLCS

LawnSite Platinum Member
Yes, I use the stock bolt and just put them in a + pattern.