1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Which commercial walk behind

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by RPH2929, Mar 12, 2007.

1. RPH2929

RPH2929 LawnSite Member

Hello. I am homeowner w/ 1/3 acre that I want to look really good. I am currently looking at the Exmark gear Metro 36", Scag gear SW 36" and Snapper Hydro 32" / Gear 36". All have the KIA engines. The snapper 32" has the newer grip style standard.
    Overall for quality of cut and reliability, which mower would you prefer?
    I am not against a residential riding mower, but not sure they will give the cut I want.
    Best Regards,
    Rodney

2. d.m.d.

d.m.d. LawnSite Member

1/3 acre......get a good self propelled 22'' mower with a bagger.you might think im being ignorant but 1/3 acre aint much and the guy i bought my commercial mower from told me you get your best cut from a residential push mower.i used to think wow those big mowers do a good job(and they do).but all the guys with the big machines have them cause they cut volumes of grass as fast as possible.....But if your like me you want a good machine anyway.id look and see if you can find a deal on a 2006 ferris hydrowalk................maybe theres a dealer in your area......

3. CUTNTIME

CUTNTIME LawnSite Member

I own a 36'' exmark, good mowers but like
    d.m.d. said, a good 22'' self propelled w/bagger
    is all you need for 1/3 acres.exmark does make
    one -22'' w/bagger commercial grade.good luck.

4. RPH2929

RPH2929 LawnSite Member

Thanks gentlemen. However, I want a lawn with a more professional finish. I currently use a Honda HR commercial 21" mower. Anyone else who has experience with the mowers I mentioned, please reply.
    Best regards.

5. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

For the money . A Quick 36 would be hard to beat. Do a search on here for a quick 36 and look at the feedback .

6. d.m.d.

d.m.d. LawnSite Member

oh im sorry i misunderstood the question at hand.i would check into a 61'' ferris dd walk behind you will get a commercial cut and be done in 15 minutes less weedeating and blowing......

7. RPH2929

RPH2929 LawnSite Member

Thanks d.m.d. However, I am looking for a 32" or 36" as my original question stated.

Buckeye,
    I appreciate the information. The Samurai 36 looks like what I may want. How is the striping? I have been told the Exmark needs nothing extra, the vacuum does it all. Best regards