1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Which deal is better

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by newscaper, Jun 5, 2003.

1. newscaper

newscaper LawnSite Member

Trimmers - used Shindaiwa t230 or used shindaiwa t270? 230 = $299.99 and theused t270 = $175.00.

2. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a new 230 and love it. i wouldnt buy a used trimmer. i'd buy a new one because i will wear it out in time. dont need any help from a "previous owner".

3. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

I have both the t-230 and an old t-27, which is the 270. No problems with either. They are used all the time. I prefer the t-27 because of the power,but it weighs more. The t-230 is lighter and easier to handle. Doesn't seem to handle the tough stuff as well as the t-27. They are both well balanced.
    Personally, I'd get the 270...don't be afraid to buy used, just check them out first. I got both mine from pawn shops a couple of years ago. They were used but not abused. I Replaced the carb on the t-27 last year and thats the only repair I've had to make on either one.

I discarded the tap and feed head in favor of the all metal pro- low profile manual feed head.
    They still run strong and I have no plans to replace them.

I make my living with them, use them everyday...they start right up.

4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I'm confused. Did you mean "NEW" T-230?