• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Which Dewalt cordless impact?

dougslawn

LawnSite Member
DW057K-02 with 138 ft-lbs max torque
DW059K-02 with 300 ft-lbs max torque

Which Dewalt cordless impact would be a better choice given the prices are about the same? I guess either would work since blades are only tightened to around 100 ft-lbs on my mower. Thanks.

wanabe

LawnSite Senior Member
Get the big one! I have had one for a couple of years and it has been great. I bought mine on a amazon.com special for $264.xx at my door. I checked at my local NAPA at the time and was told "you are in luck, we are having a tool sale." The then told me it was $379.99 for the exact same model! What a sale!

nitrotim

LawnSite Senior Member
dougslawn said:

Which Dewalt cordless impact would be a better choice given the prices are about the same? I guess either would work since blades are only tightened to around 100 ft-lbs on my mower. Thanks.
I have the 300 ft ilbs model and I got it off ebay brand new for around 269.00. Its been a great tool. Definately worth its price especially if you bend a blade or need to change out blades on the road.

As a matter of fact here is a link for one on ebay for 260 + shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DEWALT-DW059K-2...577762266QQcategoryZ73110QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ed2hess

LawnSite Fanatic
dougslawn said:

You don't need an impact wrench to tighen blades two 14" socket wrench will do just fine. We have never had a blade come loose and we have never had problems replacing blades. Do all ours in the field.

lawnmaniac883

LawnSite Silver Member
Is the larger an adjustable torque setting type impact? And the smaller is a ? If they are both adjustable go for the larger, if not adjustable get the smaller, 300ftlbs will strip the sh!t out of a spindles threads.