1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Which Echo PB650 trailer mount do you use?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by djsmokin, Apr 6, 2003.

1. djsmokin

djsmokin LawnSite Member

I have been putting my Echo PB650 into the back of my pickup and chaining it down. I am getting tired of raising it over the side of the truck.

I am ready to mount on my open trailer. Which mount do you use to lock your Echo PB650 on your trailer? I had my dealer order a Jungle Jim for it, but the locking mount they sent would not work on the PB650.

We made a call to my dealers distributor and they tryed to make same type mount work on a PB650 they had and then told us...no way it will work, please return.

Any ideas for me? Thanks. Dj

2. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

I am also curious, will be buying a mount for an open trailerfor the pb650 shortly myself. Anyone?

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

GRID IRON Get It at any Husky dealer.
    John.
    I'll try and post a Pic!

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I just lay mine down in the front corner of my trailer. Up against the front bulkhead and up against my side gate. A simple rubber bungie straps it fast. Lift and go. Plus its kinda hidden a bit. Not sticking up in view like it would be on a blower mount.

I may be interested in an inexpensive blower rack mount though.

Keep the ideas coming.

Does TrimmerTrap offer anything that'll fit? I REALLY like their trimmer rack, and would think that their blower rack would be just as quick and easy.

5. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

try www.ballard-inc.com I have the catalog and they have a rack for open trailers that has an 'echo model' bracket. $89.
    BobR

6. trophytkr

trophytkr LawnSite Member

I just put a Trimmer trap mount on my trailer 2 weeks ago.
    When you order the rack tell them you need the conversion kit for the echo and you'll be fine.

7. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I have a rack for trimmers/blowers but don't always use it, since loading/unloading takes a few extra seconds. I use an old plastic coated security cables from a bicycle that I had as a kid to hold things in place on the trailer. Just use a clip to connect the ends together, and run it through the trailer rail and loop it over the blower after I set it in place. It is coiled so it recoils nicely to hold the blower snugly when you release it. I just pull it out a little and remove the blower in one movement. For extra security I run the cable through the blower support. I carry locks for when I have to leave it unattended, also. You can also use bungee cords, but they're not as reliable.

8. Tomt

Tomt LawnSite Member

I was given the same info. from the trimmertrap sales rep.
    I also just bungee my down in the bed of the trailer. I was concerned about the weight hanging only supported by the upper handle.
    LOL
    Tomt