Lawn Care Forum banner

Which Fabric?

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Guest 
#1 ·
We have never been a big user of landscape fabric, but we have a medium residential job that includes installing about 20 tons of firelite or lava in the landscaped beds. Some of the beds are fairly large and open, and do not yet have plant material installed. What would be the recommended fabric to use here.

#4 ·
Stay away from plastic. Too many moisture problems. And, these guys are right about weed fabric - although it will help for awhile - especially under the conditions you describe.

One possible supplier might be:
Fabricscape
Chicago, Illinois
1-800-992-0550
Fax 1-708-728-0482

They have several types and weights. They will ship COD and in small quantities too. They will send you a catalogue if you call. They have other fabrics and erosion control products too. We've been using them for years.

#6 ·
Thanks for the replies, but I have waited until the last minute to get the stuff. We are supposed to get the rock this week. We have a bunch of nursery supply warehouses around here. Do you think they would likely have what I am looking for. What about Typar? Would it be suitable for this? I am asking, because I notice they have 3x300' rolls at Lowe's. Thanks again.

[Edited by Keith on 04-01-2001 at 04:07 PM]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.