1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Which FasTrak 44" 18HP KOEHL or 48" 19HP KAW

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by svtran, Apr 25, 2007.

1. svtran

svtran LawnSite Member

We looked at the Mini-Z and the salesman informed us that we should consider the FasTrak since it has longer warranty and we are only using it for residential.

We have over 1 acre of land with some slope. We are now considering the FasTrak 44" 18HP KOEHL or 48" 19HP KAW. The 44" is around $5100 with $700 2007 discount promotion. The 48" is around $5500 without any discount (don't know why). Seems like a slam dunk for the FasTrak 44", correct? Is the 48" 19HP KAW $1100 better?

Can't wait to pick one up this weekend. I am planning to get the much kit/blade and flex fork with it.
    Son

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

For your application (home use) and the price difference, I would go with the 44", both are going to great job and get it done quickly.

Pj

3. Diamondjim

Diamondjim LawnSite Member

I have a Fastrak 44" with the 18 hp Honda. I really don't know how I got along without it. You will love the Fastrak, especially if you have any slopes. It's wide stance makes it very stable on hills. Good luck. DJ