1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

    Dismiss Notice

Which Fitting?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by dtanovic, Sep 19, 2007.

  1. dtanovic

    dtanovic LawnSite Member
    Messages: 19

    Just trying to figure out which fitting to use. How do you transition from 1" lateral poly pipe to funny pipe. All I can find is this fitting from Lasco sw1401-129. Is this what the pros use?

    I appreciate any help you can provide.

  2. bobw

    bobw LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 807

  3. Chilehead

    Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA
    Messages: 1,956

    What you have pictured is an insert fitting. I like to use Blazing Saddles because they don't incur as much flow restriction, and they are a snap to use. You simply attach the saddle, and then thread in your funny pipe fitting.
  4. CAPT Stream Rotar

    CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 6,130

    I would use what we call an inline.

    which is a coupler with a 1/2 threaded X 3/8 barb attachment.

    when the pipe is not that deep we flip them over....

    good luck!
  5. Wet_Boots

    Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 50,238

    1401-099 is the straght adapter. Before these fittings were developed, one could just use insert X FPT elbows and tees, and standard funny ells.
  6. dtanovic

    dtanovic LawnSite Member
    Messages: 19

    Thanks for all your help.

Share This Page