1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Which grass catcher for Scag Advantage Deck?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kevinsky, Jun 30, 2005.

1. kevinsky

kevinsky LawnSite Member
    from Nevada

I've been using Grasspacker catchers on my Scag mowers but have been having problems with the newer "universal" units - plastic is cracking and blades scrape them. What catcher works the best? Thanks!

2. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

An accelerator grass catcher is the standard by which all other catchers are to be judged. I have one for my WB Exmark and life has been so much simpler since this purchase. They have a link at the top of this site as well as a sub-forum.

3. seacoastlandscape

seacoastlandscape LawnSite Member

Accelerator mine works great on my 48 tiger cub

4. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I just got one for my Super Z, and the Accelerator really packs it tight. It appears to be a vastly superior unit compared to my Grass Gobblers.

5. hillndale

hillndale LawnSite Member
    from Maine

I have one on my 42" Scag Z Cat! The company has the best customer support in the industry. I had a few concerns initially. Had some issues with fit & also didn't like the chafe blowing all over me. The owner of the company is very accessible & eager to make you happy. He fixed my fit issue & set me up with the "dust cover" which made it all good. The cover comes in sections for any or all sides. I applied to top, & side facing machine. Awesome! I found you do haveto clean the unit occasionally in between dust covers as particles build up and restrict airflow to pack the catcher. Sometimes I wish it held more, but have gotten use to it now and I like it very much. GREAT SOLUTION!! http://www.acceleratorindustries.com/

hillndale