Which Hand Held Blower w/ Cruise Control?

Valk

LawnSite Platinum Member
I'm aiming to replace my RedMax HBZ 2601 HH blower ($225). This has been a great blower, it moves a lot of air, though its a bit cold-blooded at times. IFF this HH blower had a Cruise Control, I'd would strongly consider getting another one in a heartbeat.

What reputable brands that have cruise control am I leaving out?

I'm considering the following, so far - they're both 2-stroke engines I believe:
Echo - PB 251 2-stroke $170 2yr Commercial Warranty
Stihl - BG 86 2-stroke $230 2yr Commercial Warranty
Shin - EB 3410 C4/4-stroke $300 1yr Commercial Warranty

I was surprised to find out the Stihl uses a 2-stroke engine...and not the 4-mix. The Shin uses their C4 (4 mix) technology and on paper seems to have the most power.

Can any one out there recommend other brands to consider? Comments or recommendations are appreciated!

Alan0354

LawnSite Platinum Member
I have the Shindaiwa EB3410 34cc big hand held. It has a cruise control that I set in one speed and let go of the trigger. I seldom use this feature though. I don't find it useful. Tiring of the arm using a hand held make that un-noticible in my opinion. But to each their own. It got to be one of the most power hand held just by the big engine size. It is a hybrid 4 cycle engine in case that borther you. But the up side is no warm up needed. I never WOT immediately after cold start though!!!! What's cold.......and I don't mean the temperature!!!!!

Scagmower48

LawnSite Senior Member
I have a 3 year old Stihl BG 85. This blower was replaced by the BG 86. I used this blower as my main blower till I bought my backpack. I like my BG85, and it has a decent amount of power for a hand held. I still carry it on the truck with me because at some stops if there is not much grass on the driveway I will use that instead of the bp b/c it is quicker.

Stihl still makes brand new 2 stroke equipment. They just developed a new trimmer that is commercial grade 2 stroke.

OP
V

Valk

LawnSite Platinum Member
I hear those C4 and 4mix engines sound lower pitchwise? Less whiny even??

I look at OUR noise pollution from this perspective:

:nono:/:waving: Personally, I hate hearing one of these annoying machines (trimmer or blower or chainsaw) in my neighborhood when I'm trying to relax whether indoors or out...& I especially hate one that is changing pitch/engine speeds ALL the time (chainsaw!). Thus, a cruise control for a bit of assistance.
A more even tone is less invasive & easier to ignore, imo. When working, I do make a conscious effort to keep RPMs down and more toward constant, except when required of course.

I had an Echo with a CC prior to this RedMax. I realized how much I missed CC a bit too late. It's a nice feature that I'd rather have, than not have.

A blower is the last sound a customer hears......

MOHUSTLER

LawnSite Bronze Member
I would highly recomend the shindy 3401. Tons of power and is quiet and reliable.

Mickhippy

LawnSite Platinum Member
I have the Shindy 3410 as well. Its the first hand held blower Ive had that dosent get vapour lock. (Stihl BG85 was a bugger for that) Easy starts and has been trouble free. Its probably 4 or 5 year old now.
Only issue is the black rubber handle is kind of perishing and I get black on my hand every time I use it. That is a pita actually! I does get kind of heavy if I use it for a long time but thats when I should use the back pack anyway.

Alan0354

LawnSite Platinum Member
I am glad to hear good things about EB3410 from other people!!! Everybody always talk about BG85 or 86!!!:waving:

It is not loud, I have some Honda hand held and those are quiet!!! So I never regard the Shindy blower that quiet. It is a lot quieter than my Echo HC151 hedge trimmer, that one is annoying, talk about screaming.

Yes it has a lower tone since it is a 4 cycle but it is spec at 70dB, these are official number. There are others that are lower. But I guess like everything else, the more powerful, the louder!!! I have it for over two years, not a single problem.

MOHUSTLER

LawnSite Bronze Member
I think with the DB's its not the total DB its the tone level. The 4 mix or C4 style are a deeper sound and dosent give you the high pitch 2 stroke whine. I am really sold on the 4 stroke style blowers. NOW the trimmer are a diff story. Give me a 2 stroke any day!!!!!

DT Lawn Care

LawnSite Senior Member
Not to be a downer, but if you're going to spend $300 on a HANDHELD, you might as well buy a Husqvarna 150BT backpack for about the same.

Scagmower48

LawnSite Senior Member
Not to be a downer, but if you're going to spend $300 on a HANDHELD, you might as well buy a Husqvarna 150BT backpack for about the same.

Becareful with the small backpacks. Some of the biggest handhelds have just as much power.

Top Forums