1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Which is Better Deal??????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JoeandTob, Feb 27, 2012.

1. JoeandTob

JoeandTob LawnSite Member

I have the choice of either Buying an 52in exmark tt wb pretty good shape 1200 Hrs Comes with bagger and Velky for $2,700 Or a newer scag wb 300 hrs no bagger,Velky $4,500 Thank in advance for your input.

2. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

both gonna be good machines depending how you plan on using them. if you plan on mulching, be careful with the scag. I have been told that you will have more headaches mulching with the scag cause it sucks. when i was in the market for a toro exmark or scag in the 32/36 in deck, i was told scag will give you a bush hog cut if you mulch. i ended up getting the toro and it leaves an excellent cut. now i have the walker which leaves an amazing cut lol.

3. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

also 1500 hours...thats a lot

4. scotts lawn care

scotts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

I like the scag with 300 hours, thats 75% more life left than the one with 1200 hours.

That might be worth the extra money.

5. brianslawncare

brianslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i have both scag and exmark. i think the exmark does a better job, it stripes better and mulches better. i have a single wheel sulky on my turf tracer,and even in wet spring time grass pulling me im 200lbs, it mulches great. i would go with the exmark. when i called scag tech they told me their #1 competor was exmark.

6. JoeandTob

thank you for your input........any more???

7. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Go with the exmark. Offer 2200 and then go from there.
    MIke

8. JoeandTob

bump...........

9. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Hands down exmark WBHs are better. Especially if it has ECS....
    Mike