which is more professional

JLong

LawnSite Member
what is everyone's opinion on the most professional dress shirt?
a polo with the company name on the front top corner
or
a denim button down shirt with the company name/logo in the same location

Paradise Landscapes

LawnSite Senior Member
Anything that you think makes you look presentable. I use Polo shirts as my branding/meetings. I have T-shirts that I work in.

Polos? Pay 30.00 for the better ones. I paid 10.00 for the cheaper ones. BIG Mistake on my part from experience. The thin out after so many washes. However, If I have 3 people on a job, then I'll wear a polo. Only because they can tell who the odd ball is right away if they need a go-to person.

nobagger

LawnSite Gold Member
Anything that you think makes you look presentable. I use Polo shirts as my branding/meetings. I have T-shirts that I work in.

Polos? Pay 30.00 for the better ones. I paid 10.00 for the cheaper ones. BIG Mistake on my part from experience. The thin out after so many washes. However, If I have 3 people on a job, then I'll wear a polo. Only because they can tell who the odd ball is right away if they need a go-to person.

Dido, I dont think denim looks right in this field,jmo.

Kennedy Landscaping

LawnSite Fanatic
I think polos look the best. I'm hoping to get some eventually.

TYCINC

LawnSite Member
+1 on the embroidered logo. . I have a couple polo's and the Columbia fishing button up shirts. . . I like to wear the grey polos or tan columbias when I work to differentiate me from my workers in reg company T's. . . Then for mtgs I have a couple embroidered white polo's and tw0 embroidered Lacoste long sleeve button ups.

I really believe that having nice dress shirts seperates the people that are serious about making money and building their company from the bottom feeder fly by night people.

N.TX

LawnSite Senior Member
I personally think you should dress nice but accordingly to what industry your in. You should over dress when you are a landscaper....no body is going to take a landscaper seriously when he comes to meet you in a shirt and tie. I think I nice pair of jeans with nice boots and a nice polo shirt is sufficient. And you look like you know what your talking about.

HOOLIE

LawnSite Gold Member
Some of you guys dress better to cut grass, than people that actually work in offices. Not saying it's bad per se, but...the subject gets kind of overanalyzed on here. Most people just want good value...all the stuff like shirts, logos, and color of your truck is just to make yourselves feel better about yourselves.

Top Forums