Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
At $1100 bucks for that thing, I'll keep buying new blades in bulk through J-thomas. When they are dull, I'll sell the bulk steel for a pretty penny and buy some more blades.....

Brian

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
RBG Grinders...good stuff...reasonable pricing.
Used one for years trouble free!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Man, Yall are sophisticated :cool2: I use a Makita hand grinder with a vise to sharpen my blades :)

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
battags said:
At $1100 bucks for that thing, I'll keep buying new blades in bulk through J-thomas. When they are dull, I'll sell the bulk steel for a pretty penny and buy some more blades.....

Brian
That Stack of Blades is Fresh From J-Thomas' Secret Warehouse @ $7 a Pop...

My Guess is That 30-60 Seconds Labour to Sharpen & Balance is Worth More than $7 a Blade Over the Long Haul.....

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
But is that grinder really $1100????
I sure hope not!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Go buy a 3\4 hp bench grinder course stone and a blade dresser . I used this set up for 20 yrs. I got on this site a couple yrs ago and have to buy all these great toys people talk about . I bought a Fireball Jr. for like 500
.00 bucks and my old bench grinder sharpens blades faster. Go figure! you can get the whole set up for under a hundred bucks. If you want to spend more money go out and buy a 200.00 blade balancer or do what I have done and count the strokes you take off of each side of the blade FREE. A cheap balncer should be fine . A lot of guys won't agree with this but If I spent 600-1000 bucks for a grinder and balncer I would be nuts to say a 50.00 bench grinder from Harbor Frieght worked just as good. JMHO.
Steve

·
Registered
823 Posts
I have an Oregon blade grinder, 1HP model. I find myself using my trusty 90 degree die grinder with 2" disc to sharpen blades now. It is way faster, and I can do as good a job or better freehand vs. using the grinder. If I had it to do over again, I would buy more 2" abrasive discs and not the bench grinder :) .

Kevin

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just got mine in the mail today..........WOW :blob3:

1-1/2 HP Heavy Duty Blade Grinder

Features:

* Safety switch
* Easy height adjustment
* 12" Heavy duty stone
* Fastest blade grinder on the market
* Adjustable light included

less than 500 bucks :cool2:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.