1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Which jack to use to lift...

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by countryscaper, Aug 25, 2007.

1. countryscaper

countryscaper LawnSite Member
    from Pa

Hello..I was wondering WHAT..Exmark suggests to use ...to lift the Laser z hp model 52"(2003)...to change the blades and clean under the deck...I had recently bought a Ballard Super jack...but to NO avail...going back!...it does'nt lift it right...the backside of the mower hits...so the jack won't work right....so...WHAT..do you guys suggest...does the JJ work?...what's the height?...can I get an impact under it with it?...or a Farm jack?...All help appreciated...Dale

2. Z2000

Z2000 LawnSite Member

Dale, I am no pro as I only mow about 10 acres a week at my house, but I clean and maintain my mower big time. I use a pair of 10" truck ramps, drive the HP up and zip-zip-zip, three blades on and off with impact in no time.

3. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

I use a Jungle Jack and it works well.

4. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

I use a jungle jack on a 60" Lazer and I haven't had any problems at all.

5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Countryscaper,

As a couple of the guys have mentioned, the Jungle Jack seems to work very well, and it's personally one that I like.

I've heard of a myriad of things though, from jacks and jackstands, car ramps, overhead chain hoists...etc. You can really lift from any point on the frame, the one caution I would give you is that if you use a hoist or something that tips the machine up quite a bit is to let it set for a while before starting to allow the engine oil to drain back.

I hope this helps.

Lenny