1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Which leaf loader?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Potchkins, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

Still undesided which one to by.
    unless a mircale happons it will
    be next season before i can get it.
    I was qoted 1999.99+50% freight
    on a 11 hp giant vac skid and
    2999.99 +50% freight on a
    16 hp giant vac skid today

what is the

cheapest ? ,

best quaility ? ,

best compromise of the two?

any suggestions ? :help:

2. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

50 % freight?? Do you mean $ 50.00? I ordered my 11 HP Trac Vac from my dealer at MPE here in town, and freight only cost $ 74.00.All loaders basically function the same, but it depends on useage, longevity of useage,maintenance, etc. to make a determining factor in purchasing a particular model. I like my Trac Vac, but there are some other great models out there(Billy Goat, Giant Vac, Parker,etc.)Good luck;)

3. Potchkins

ie. 50%freight
    $74 - 50% =$37 for freight
    is 11hp enuf
    how much did you
    pay for your trac vac?

4. impactlandscaping

Gotcha ;)

5. impactlandscaping

Sorry , I didn't read down. I paid $ 1850.00 for it two years ago. We buy alot of stuff from this place.It is a rental store and Snapper/ Shindaiwa dealer.We also buy stuff out of rental at really great prices.We are trying to buy a 2nd vac for $ 850.00 out of rental at the end of the year. I want to run two leaf trucks next year, and have been happy with the performance of this machine.I did have a new discharge chute fabricated as the original wasn't heavy enough.It had too much flex, and wore holes in it in the first 20-30 hrs.

6. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a new 16hp Billy Goat debris loder this year. Man does it make quick work doing fall cleanups. I have'nt bagged a thing this season. I paid 2675$ for mine. I mounted it in the tounge of my trailer, it has made a huge difference in time. lawns that used to take me 3 hrs, takes less than hour or so. Used to do about 2 to 3 lawns a day last fall, now I doo 6 or 7.

Profit making machine..........

Tim

7. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

8. Potchkins

what shoud i expect
    to pay for a new one?