1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Which lube for hedge trimmers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dano50, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

Okay, I need a little help here. I've been asked by an equipment manufacturer to provide some testimonials for Fluid Film's use on hedge trimmers. I've been looking through my files and while I have testimonials for just about every application imaginable, I can't seem to find specific ones for hedge trimmers.

Any help you could provide would really be appreciated.

Dan

2. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

i use it on mine. i don't have to worry about hurting the plants, it offers excellent lubricity, and offers excellent protection from corrosion. i spray mine down each time i finish using them.

3. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here :clapping: , I spray it on the blades of my new Red Max CHT2200 hedge trimmer every time after I finish using it!:)

4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I use whatever is around, motor oil, WD-40, silicon spray whatever. I don't think it really matters, as long it doesn't hurt plants

5. DylanK

DylanK LawnSite Member

i used fluid film on mine when i got them about a month and a half ago.. sprayed them once then and they are still a little wet... great product!!:clapping:

6. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

I sprayed mine with fluid film and all the shrub clippings stuck to the blades. :confused:

7. jmurphy

jmurphy LawnSite Senior Member

I use it on everything also,including my hedge trimmer.:usflag: :usflag: