1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Which Maruyama Hedge Trimmer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jeds_Lawn_Care, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Jeds_Lawn_Care

Jeds_Lawn_Care LawnSite Senior Member

Here are the Hedge Trimmers I am looking @

HT2300DR - LE230 22.5cc Engine / 0.8hp 24" Blade - $320
    HT2320DR - CE230 22.5cc Engine / 1.1hp 24" Blade - $340
    HT2300DLR - LE230 22.5cc Engine / 0.8hp 30" Blade - $360

Anyone own any of these? Which one should I get? I really think I want a 24" blade.

2. Jeds_Lawn_Care

Anyone?!?!?! Hello??? Its Been 4 Days Now.

3. Jeds_Lawn_Care

Could Someone Please Make A Reccomendation.

4. Jeds_Lawn_Care

I really am curious as to which motor would be best.

5. Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya LawnSite Member

I suppose that Maruyama hedge trimmers aren't much thought of here. But wait a while, it's only been a couple weeks. They'll answer in a month or two.

6. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I own the 2300dr Ive had 0 problems and they cut great. Very versatile

7. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

I've heard this company is the best on the market, give it a try.

8. Director of Grounds

Director of Grounds LawnSite Member

I traded in my Craftsman's and bought the HT2300DR a couple months ago. If all of Maruyama's products do their respective jobs like their hedge trimmers, then I'm totally sold on Maruyama. Maybe it was the transition from store-bought to commercial equipment there's a major difference. The trimmers have a quick start and an excellent cut. The five-way handle system is nice when doing long lines of hedges or bushes, and you have to stay in the same position for a while. Only problem is, at almost 11 lbs., they get kind of heavy after a while. Other than the weight, I'd recommend this particular model since I don't use them on a lengthy daily basis. As a footnote, I would never own a single edge trimmer. That's too much repositioning when cutting, especially when on a ladder cutting across the top, and you have to get down, get on the other side of the bush/hedge, etc. Hope this helps.
    -Mike

9. Beau Rivage

Beau Rivage LawnSite Member

I just bought the EHT23DS...75" reach. I got out of there for 443. I can't wait to try 'em out. Merry Christmas to me!!:drinkup: :cool2:

10. Daneman

Daneman LawnSite Member

Jed, if you want a 24" unit, sta away from the HT2300DLR, it is a 30". The HT2320DR is the carb certified for Calfornia unit, and if you're in AK, you don't need that. I love my HT2300DR's, they are the best hedge trimmer I have ever owned!