1. Trouble Finding PPE, Sanitizer, and Cleaning Supplies?

How can you get what you need for the safety of your crews? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Which mower is easier on your back?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cassidy Cuts, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Garrett1234

Garrett1234 LawnSite Senior Member

This darn thread is making my wheels turn. Called my dealer today regarding the 18% off a vride2 plus the zero percent for 54 months.
    Requested a price on a 61” with the vanguard. He said “it wasn’t in his catalog” so he’s checking and calling me back tomorrow.
    I’m not sure if it’s one or the other type of deal. But if it’s 18% off and 54 months zero percent and because of my agricultural side I pay zero in taxes.....I might just have to pull the trigger. And I was set on my next mower being a jd960. A total flip flop from that. But that deal on a vanguard 61” vride2 is just almost tooooooo good to pass up. Crap!!! If my internet search shows it right that’s like 2k off round these parts putting monthly payments at about 175 bucks a month.

Cam15 likes this.
  2. GRANTSKI

GRANTSKI LawnSite Silver Member

I was very suprised at how natural the Ferris z2 felt as far as posture and where the controls are. I jumped on a bobcat stander and it felt the complete opposite . Low center of gravity and controls were nut level for me

Cam15 likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Cassidy Cuts

Cassidy Cuts LawnSite Member
    from MD

My dealer quoted me at $9600 for the 61" V Ride II with 37 vanguard efi and $8700 for the 29 kohler efi. Those prices are with the 18% off

Cam15 likes this.
  4. Garrett1234

Apparently my dealer is much less excited about getting me a price. No reply and I’ve already called back in today. Hmmmmm. But your price pencils out to what I thjnk it should be

Cam15 likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Cassidy Cuts

Cassidy Cuts LawnSite Member
    from MD

Yeah the prices should be pretty close to that. I called a place in delaware and in maryland and they both had the exact same price.

Cam15 likes this.
  6. Garrett1234

looks like my state doesn't allow my dream engine.....finally got the details of why I couldn't get a price...
    anyhow, trying to determine if a 61" with the 29hp kohler efi or the 801 kawi is a better choice...either way, costs less than the vanguard option. they confirmed it's 18% off and the 54 month zero payment. including approx. 150 bucks for loan origination and since I pay zero taxes, that's not a bad deal at all!

7. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

I’d wait to buy a machine
    IMO
    If you have money
    Hold on to it
    Who knows what going to happen in the next month
    Either things will be better and you can spend your money or they’ll be worse and you’ll need your money
    Either way every week that goes but where more and more people are out of work, your possible “deals” are going to get juicier.

right now you can buy a ford truck new for 0% financing over 84 months
    Prices I’ve seen at dealers with sitting stock are silly low (or probably what they are truly worth)
    It’s only a short time before that will show up in other manufacturing markets

Bfish, knox gsl and AlohaMowing like this.
  8. Garrett1234

that's very sound advice! and that has been going through my mind over and over. i kept thinking the "slightly used" market would start to show some insane deals over the next few months, but started to think that manufacturers would just completely stop production before getting too low...but that's 100% my speculation. I've never heard of better than 18% and zero percent.....but you might very well be right on point! actually, you probably are right on point

9. va2nta

va2nta LawnSite Member

when standing, most people keep their knees lock; bad for the back. The whole leg assembly should act like a spring, the same way you do alpine skiing.

10. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

That takes a lot of energy really
    But if you alternate which leg carries the most weight and only lock that knee and shift occasionally , consciously ... then it becomes habit and there isn’t much drawn back