1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Which mower lift to buy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dry Granules, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Dry Granules

Dry Granules LawnSite Member

Hello all, I own a fertilization company in metro Detroit, I’m looking to purchase a zero turn lift for my Toro 50”. Looked at the Oregon 350 lb. lift. Believe it’s the 42-008 model, any recommendations, thanks everyone.

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

3. Rockchoplawn

Rockchoplawn LawnSite Senior Member

Jungle Jim Jack. Google it, well worth the $. If you're going to be putting yourself under a 1000lb mower i wouldn't cheap out

hort101 likes this.
  4. Jmcculler

Jmcculler LawnSite Member

Use my 2 ton shop crane from harbor freight. Many uses, actually pulling the motor out of my stepson's 2007 impala with it now.

hort101 likes this.
  5. Todd73

Todd73 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Florida

6. starry night

starry night LawnSite Gold Member

Coindence that this thread came up now. My mower dealer just recommended a Mojack to me yesterday. I am no longer in the business of mowing. When I was, I ran Walkers with the lift up decks. Now I have a 42" Toro Timecutter for my home. I am a nut about sharpening blades and keeping the deck clean. So my question is: Are there different models of the Mojack? e.g. for different size mowers?

hort101 likes this.
  7. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

hort101 likes this.
  8. flybynite

flybynite LawnSite Senior Member

Floor jack and jack stands. I would never trust a winch type lift without jack stands. I would rather push the mower into the air then pull it off the ground.

9. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

man i dunno, are all you guys small?

I used to just pick up the front of my mower and stuff an upside down 5 gal bucket under one side of the deck.
    Thats a 60" Z.

Im not really understanding the complexity of a multi ton ceiling winch for this purpose when the majority of posters here have one or two machines?

10. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

jack stands too... but the front of the mower is so much lighter than the back, with the way the machine is balanced you can just pick up the front.