1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Which mower to buy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jheibel, May 19, 2008.

1. jheibel

jheibel LawnSite Member

Hello
    I am a new member to this forum. My Dad is in his first year of managing a 9 hole golf coarse. "Which has allot of hills!" He does have a couple of 0-turn X-Mark riders. But we are looking for a walk behind mower that will do a nice job on the tee-blocks, greens, hills and a couple of ponds. The coarse is owned by the American Legion. So my POP has a little bit of a tight budget to work with. So any ideas on what size & brand would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Jeff

2. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Mclane greens mowers are reasonabley priced. Theres a couple og golf coarse equiptment on Ebay. Theres some toe behing reel mowers on Northerntool.com, good for the fairways.

3. LandscapemanFL

LandscapemanFL LawnSite Member

I have seen quite a few Deere's on the courses around here but they may be a little on the expense side. If I hear anything I will let you know. Good Luck

4. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

a good all around w/b is the exmark turf tracer. toro builds a good one and so does scag. ive had all 3 and im very satisfied w/ the turf tracer.