1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Which mower? Wright Sport,Scar Tiger Cub or

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by aka1, Mar 25, 2007.

1. aka1

aka1 LawnSite Member

Hello, 1st year starting from the ground on up.My partner is going for a 48 WB, i on the other hand would like to sit on my butt.Looking to do small properties 1/4-3/4 acre lots.I don't plan on bagging but the need might come up in the near future.My local dealers have Wright,Scag,Walkers. The Wright Sport 48 looks like a good deal at $6000, but the bag system looks bad.The Scag Tiger Cub at $7000 is a nice machine but the bag system is $1800 which puts me close to a Walker GHS 23hp for $9000. Big difference in price, what do you guys think. This is a part time business as i work construction 7am-3:30pm. I dont mind spending money but i hate wasting money.What do you think.

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Interesting no accounts and you are looking at the top of the line in mowing equipment :confused: While you have selected the top of the line this equpment isn't likely to appreciate.

3. bigtex

bigtex LawnSite Member
    from ma

I Agree With Hess, Go Buy A $2000.00 Walk Behind With A Velxie Or Sulky And Take The Other $5000.00 To Invest In Advertising.
    But If I Had A Choice I'd Go With The Scag Tiger. I Dont Own One But I'v Been Cuttin 9 Years, So I Do Know Mowers And The Scag Is The King Of All Kings! Good Luck Bro

4. aka1

aka1 LawnSite Member

Well i plan on doing this for a long time,why should i buy junk.I have no other workers besides myself.I know that my 1st year might be real slow, but what if its not.A 48 hydro WB is at least 4500. A Wright Sport is 6000. I dont want used equipment because of problems.A mower is a tax write off, if your a legal business as i plan to be.