• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Which mower?

Trumpet

LawnSite Member
Alright,
So I have approx .75 acres, but foot pain is "forcing" me to buy a lawn tractor. I'm not really interested, nor do I have the need for zero turn. Anyway, I want to avoid the big box stores as I want something that will last.

So, I'm looking at a $2500-$300 MAX budget. I was considering a Deere X300 or maybe a Cub Cadet 2540. What are your recommendations?

Thanks

jon01

LawnSite Member
You say you want something that will last, so why would you be looking at a cub or a green machine? For the kind of money you have budgeted you could by a number of machines that are built stronger, for that kinda of money you could purchase a small zero turn that would cut your seat time in half and last twice as long as a lawn tractor! Take a look at the Bad Boy M-Z or even a Hustler Sport!
Posted via Mobile Device

MOHUSTLER

LawnSite Bronze Member
There are many more "tractor" style mowers on the market that have a better rep then green or the yellow brand. Do not limmit yourself to thoes 2 choices.

lawnguy224

LawnSite Member
I have a X324, I have out grown it and am looking to upgrade, but is was a great machine for the point in time that I needed it. The 4ws was awesome. just my .02

06LTNox

LawnSite Member
My father-in-law was constantly getting parts for his CC mower but he puts a lot of hours on it. He mows about 6 acres weekly on old farm land so its anything but smooth and he only got two years out of the last one.

AOD

LawnSite Senior Member
For that price you could buy an older (as in over 20 yrs old) Wheel Horse or Cub Cadet, have it completely gone over by a small engine shop and you will have a lawn tractor that will last a lifetime with proper maintenance. I know some people don't like being told to buy old stuff, but they were built so much better back then.

MOHUSTLER

LawnSite Bronze Member
Old ones were built MUCH better then now. I would really really really concider checking out a nice Z turn in that pricerange. They are just so much more productive and easy to use. Kubota makes a nice tractor though.