1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

which mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PRO PROPERTY CARE, Feb 15, 2003.

1. PRO PROPERTY CARE

PRO PROPERTY CARE LawnSite Member

I am getting ready to purchase my first mowers.
    I cant decide between a 52" hp or a 72"eps (exmarks).
    The reason being , I may get 4 large ball diamonds to cut.
    There about 2 or 3 acres each.
    Would the 52" be enough for these jobs. If I buy the 52" I can still use it for samller jobs, If I buy the 72" im stuck with it for larger jobs only.
    Any thaoughts would help .
    thanks.
    :dizzy:

2. Bigfoot

Bigfoot LawnSite Member

How about something in the middle of a 52'' & 72", like a 60" deck.

3. Dan1944

Dan1944 LawnSite Member

I can get my 52" Z in all my gated yard accounts. A 60" would not make it. Although I would like the bigger cut. If I had the situation that our Canadian friend is faced with and still have my gated accounts, I might consider speed like in a 52" Hustler Super Z. Ball fields are (hopefully) smooth so you would be able to take advantage of the speed. Just my thoughts, Yes, I know there are other brands that offer fast Z models, all are good.

4. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Why not put off purchasing the mower until you find out if you get the sports fields?

And a 52" will take you maybe 15-20% more time than a 72"

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We do a baseball field. With the 52", it feels like you're taking a slow boat to China. Normally, I use one of our 72" mowers on the outfield and let the 52" do the infield and base lines.