• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Which mower?

spenser

LawnSite Member
I'm looking to spend $400 dollars on a mower, and i'm wondering which one i should get, right now i'm planning on getting a personal pace toro that cost 400 exactly, but i was looking at then new honda hrx and i was wondering which one was better, or is there a different brand mower that i should consider? thanks

Critical Care

LawnSite Bronze Member
I've used Toro's and Honda's, though currently I'm just using the commercial Honda as my main 21" mower. Surely there are a lot of opinions on this, but I feel that for moderate use you probably wouldn't go wrong with either one.

Nick17

LawnSite Member
HRX doesn't cost $400.. unless it's been used a lot..

-Nick

all degree

LawnSite Senior Member
I dont use a 21 much. About twice as much as a homeowner would so here is what I buy and it works great.

Craftsman 21 with the 6.5 engine. Here is the best part.....It only costs $170.

I get a new one every 3 years or so. Take any parts (wheels etc) that I can salvage off the old one and throw it away.

Also has a great warranty and cuts awesome. Try it out and if you dont like it return it b/c sears takes everything back