1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

    Dismiss Notice

Which Mowers to pick?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jmr75, Jun 16, 2004.

  1. jmr75

    jmr75 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 2

    Reading all of the information on this site can be a bit much, but all good! My question is...What type or brand of mower would be good for a newbie to the business on a very tight budget. raising money now for next year and want to have some for advertising. Used I know would be less expensive, but what brand seems to be the best for your money.

    Thanks!

    Jeff
     
  2. HighGrass

    HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA
    Messages: 1,237

    It depends alot on what you want to do? I mean, how many lawns per day, how big are the lawns..stuff like that. I picked the Exmark Lazer HP (52") and it works great on 90% of my lawns. The other 10% the lawns are a little larger than what might work for a 52".

    If you are popping around the neighborhood, maybe a good self walk behind. Exmark, Scag. What's your budget?
     

Share This Page