Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for another frontmount, business exploded and my walker is just about paid off after 3 months! :weightlifter: I am looking for something with a 48" or bigger grass handling machine. What is out there for me, and what is the good/bad of this machine? So far here's kinda what i'm looking at, what do you know about these model's?

Walker MTGHS 26/52 - Walker MTLGHS 31/52

Exmark Frontrunner 27/52 - 31/60

Exmark Navigator 20/48 - 27/48

I'm shure I missed a couple and thank you for feedback!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Never seen an exmark front runner anywhere around here! The only front cuts in use here are the walker grasshopper and Encore! Mostly on trailer here are the Encore and walker and the walkers are bagger units!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear ya! I only know of 1 navigator and 2 other walkers in service here! It works out though, real well!

Thanks,

·
Registered
529 Posts
walker 31hp 48" best mower I talked with the northeast distributor and thats what he highly recommends. you also might look into the super bee you can get one for 7900. ive also talked with guys who have both the 26ghs and the 31ghs and they all like the 31 better. Good luck.

·
Registered
470 Posts
My opinion, would strongly suggest staying away from frontrunner as I have had and continue to have tons of trouble with mine. Am seriously considering letting it go back. Seems to be broke down half the time. I bring my walker for a backup and am now just leaving the frontrunner home.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I've never run a Walker or Exmark, but in my younger years I would mow at my grandparents and few of my aunts and uncles with a Grasshopper and was never disappointed. As a matter of fact I was thinking about putting on on my trailer next spring.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
ive got an Exmark Navigator, and it is Great!
48" i wanna say 27hp
has never Grunted yet and i have about 130hours on it.
mows just like a walker *i used to run one for the last three summers*
only it looks much more solid than a walker IMO
I've only had one problem, the charging system does not work and i have been to busy to get it fixed. I just have to use it like a Cell Phone, and charge it every couple of days and i keep a charged bat with me.

other than that, i love it
get what fits your needs
good luck!

Nathan

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
with the 27 hp.

If you have a walker, you will love the navigator. Demo one if you can.

masternate42,
usually if the charging system isn't working on a kohler, the regulator/rectifier is no good. Your dealer should have the tester machine to check them. Maybe the battery just isn't holding a charge.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have recently talked with exmark, no efi for this year. I will demo one though. What will the 27/48 do as far as gph?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
uhh....i'd say i get about 6 1/2 - 7hr of actuall mowing time to a tank. and a tank is about 7.5 gallons.. so close to a 1-1 ratio......that is just a rough estimate, but it should be close

maybe later this week i will pay closer attention, but like i said it should be close

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
oh and i have two new batteries that i use. keep one charged in the truck, and the other i use till it begins to start hard/slow. then i change to the fresh one. kinda a PITA, but oh well gotta keep rollin!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.