• Simoniz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Briggs&Stratton

Votes: 1 20.0%

Which pressure washer???

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Everett Abrams 
#1 · (Edited)
:waving:
Which Pressure Washer for some medium to heavy duty pressure washing?

Karcher with Honda engine GCV160 160cc 2200psi

POWERBOSS (Lowe's brand) with Briggs&Stratton 5.00 series 158cc 2000psi

Simoniz not sure what engine 2000psi

Briggs&Stratton 8.75 series Briggs&Stratton engine not sure how many psi

I am sort of leaning towards the Karcher because it has a Honda engine and it is a Karcher with an induction motor.

Thank you very much!!!!!! :)

#4 ·
Hard to answer the question unless you specify what you are going to be using it for, what services? Then you need to specify GPM (gallons per minute) as this has more to do with it than psi in regards to efficiency and other factors. Remember for cheaper machines with low gpm, psi, and if direct drive motors that they are not meant to last as long. If you are going to use this for business look into investing a little more for a better machine that will last 10x longer. Check out some other machines as well. If you buy a machine with a honda motor check in your area to see that someone there performs warranty work or it will be out of pocket, I have learned from experience!

#5 ·
Hard to answer the question unless you specify what you are going to be using it for, what services? Then you need to specify GPM (gallons per minute) as this has more to do with it than psi in regards to efficiency and other factors. Remember for cheaper machines with low gpm, psi, and if direct drive motors that they are not meant to last as long. If you are going to use this for business look into investing a little more for a better machine that will last 10x longer. Check out some other machines as well. If you buy a machine with a honda motor check in your area to see that someone there performs warranty work or it will be out of pocket, I have learned from experience!
What services: driveway cleaning, washing cars, deck cleaning, pool cleaning basically anything, just getting in to the power washing biz :)

My dealer will be doing the warranty work as he services all the engines I own

Right no I

#7 ·
I agree with Everett that it is hard to know which pressure washer you need without knowing what you are going to use it far and how often. I could not vote because I did not like any of the pressure washers mentioned.

If you plan on using it on a regular basis it needs to be commercial grade and not residential grade. The minimum pressure washer I would consider would be a 13 hp. I usually go with Honda engines (GX390) because they hold up. I have several over 8 years old.

I would suggest a direct drive pump if you are using a 4GPM 4000PSI pump with a 13 HP engine. I you want 8 GPM I would recommended a gear box driven pump. This machine would be great for a beginner for cleaning residential concrete of houses.

I use an 8GPM @ 1500 PSI pump with a gear box and a Honda GX390 that I bought from John and Paul K at Envirospec for power washing houses. Most water spigots will only put out an average of 5 GPM so for an 8GPM pump you need a water holding tank to pump the water into from the water spigot and extract the water from. A direct drive pump must have water forced into it from a water spigot. A belt driven or gearbox driven pump will pull water from a holding tank. Gearboxes are more money than belt drive but hold up longer and are less hassle. The more water flow the better for cleaning houses and concrete and therefore you do not need as much pressure.

I use a Honda GX670 belt driven with a 10GPM General Pump @ 3500 PSI for cleaning flatwork. All my engines are electric start and that makes it easier.

As you can see there are many variables that you have to take into account when deciding which pressure washer to buy. Give us more info on what you plan to do with it and how often and we can help guide you better. Good Luck ad I hope this helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.