1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

which ride on would you but for your first one..?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by georgialawn88, Mar 30, 2013.

1. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

i believe im going to buy my first ride on next year. spray and spread. which is your favorite and why? im leaning toward permagreen. opinions please

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I'm going to go with a Ground Logic because I'm too cheap to buy a zspray lol. Plus I like the spray bar option. Lot better coverage than just a single nozzle.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. doug1980

doug1980 LawnSite Senior Member

I don't own one but have been researching for several years. I still can't decide, they each have pro's and con's. The Z-Sprays are a bit bulky and don't seem to handle slopes as good as the Permagreen or Ground Logic so I'm leaning towards those. Guess I'll just be dragging a hose and pushing a spreader until I decide.

4. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I think it all depends on what your needs are such a lawn sizes, obstacles, slopes, hills, ect.......

5. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

We gotta zmax, permagreen and an HPS. All are good. Zmax is overkill though. We do a minimum of 400k a day with it. We have demoed a t3000 and it was good too.

I have the guys number if you want to demo the T. Let me know.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

i would test drive them all if you can and then look at your needs then make that choice... i have a z jr but if i wanted to spend less money i think i would go with a GL....