1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Which Shindiwa?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by columbiaplower, May 30, 2000.

1. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

which one should i get? what do you use? Pros and Cons

2. Nilsson Associates

Nilsson Associates LawnSite Member

T-270<br>dont worry<p>A-1

3. Kevin

Kevin LawnSite Member
    from S.E. PA

I recently purchased a T-230 for doing light trimming around properties. It is light and balanced. For heavier brush I use my Stihl trimmers.

4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Whatcha cuttin? For light weekly work the T230 are great. I have two of 'em and they are light and well balanced as Kevin said. <p>If you are cuttin heavier stuff on a regular basis, go with 260 or 270.

5. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

T-230 has been great for trimming around residentials I maintain. Not a lot of heavy growth to take down so I cant tell you its limit.<p>From what I remember from previous posts was the higher the number the heavier duty the model.<p>Have fun shopping

6. columbiaplower

i am starting a all residential truck. 48 wb and need a trimmer. Its going to do about 30 lawns weekly or every 10 days. is the t230s shaft long enogh i am 6 ft. Eric told me the t270 shaft is longer. Also what gas to oil mix does it use?<br>Thanks <p>-Nick

7. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I'm only 5' 9&quot; and I like the extra length of the T270. I use the Shindaiwa oil and I think the mix is 30 to 1. Correct me if I'm wrong guys.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

8. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I am not telling you what mix to use, but I use Amsoil 100:1 in all my 2 cycle equipment for over 7 years. The great thing about it is you aren't gonna goof the mix. Chances are when you mix it, it's gonna be a little richer than 100:1, but that's fine.<p>Using Shindaiwa oil will extend the factory warranty, but I have passed on it to use Amsoil. Your call.

9. Jason

Jason LawnSite Senior Member

The manual for my T270 says the mixture is 40:1.

10. columbiaplower

thanks. anyone else? A-1 what do u mean &quot;dont worry&quot;?<p>-Nick