Lawn Care Forum banner

What is best

21 - 40 of 143 Posts
Safety green here. If you do a lot of work with roads you need something visible. Osha likes them or orange or a vest. In the past we had dark green I was clipped by 3 cars in 4 years and since changing colors people actually slow down a little.

Yellow T's with the company name on the left pocket side, we also wear matching yellow caps with the company name on them as well.:)

I've been using gray knit shirts (with a collar- no T-shirts) I have them embroidered on the left chest. I went through several colors, many years ago. the shirts that I've been useing lasted a long time The manufacturer discontinued the shirt and I'm ready for a change.
How about safety fuchsia ? (bright pink) I don't think I could get anybody to wear it, but safety orange and green are pretty common for road crews and refuse collectors(garbage men).
Dark green or blue would be too hot.
yellow shows dirt - doesn't hide stains.

Question for all of you that wear gray: doesn't it show your sweat? Gray (when it's wet) turns into a really dark gray. It doesn't seem to be a "professional" look unless the entire shirt gets wet. Otherwise your armpits, chest, and lower back show exactly where you're sweating.

Question for all of you that wear gray: doesn't it show your sweat? Gray (when it's wet) turns into a really dark gray. It doesn't seem to be a "professional" look unless the entire shirt gets wet. Otherwise your armpits, chest, and lower back show exactly where you're sweating.
I ordered two sets of ten embroidered shirts, one a medium gray, which does show that darkening when I sweat, and a light gray which does not.

Funny thing is when I wear the dark gray, people offer me water much more often. They also seem to almost get worried when I'm drenched! It's a physical job, and looking like you are bustin it actaully might not be such a bad thing. Does that make the HO think he's very happy to not have to do it himself?

On some projects I get filthy. That can't be helped much, but I don't think it makes me look unprofessional either.

I do green with yellow writing.

I would stick with colors that are used in your company logo or truck lettering to keep a consistent and "branded" appearance. For starters you can go to vistaprint, upload your company logo and have it printed on some t-shirts, hats, magnetic vehicle signs etc. The color choice is basic but it may work for some folks that only need small quantities.

21 - 40 of 143 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.