• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Which stander?

Cam15

LawnSite Fanatic
Ok so I'm in the market for a stand on mower. I think I'll be buying new, probably financing. So right now the 2 that have stuck are scag and ferris. Can anybody persuade me one way or the other or is their another brand I'm forgetting?

TPendagast

LawnSite Fanatic
Ok so I'm in the market for a stand on mower. I think I'll be buying new, probably financing. So right now the 2 that have stuck are scag and ferris. Can anybody persuade me one way or the other or is their another brand I'm forgetting?
Toro grandstand - especially if you want it to do other stuff then get a multiforce
Put the side bagger on it in early fall
Switch the the big bad blower mid to late fall
Run a broom or blade in the winter
Year round machine.

hal

LawnSite Fanatic
If you want to save money and want a real basic stander do look at Bradely. Ours has performed flawless.

Hawkshot99

LawnSite Silver Member
I run ferris wb's and love them. I have checked out the ferris standers many times when I go to my dealer and been very impressed. They seem over built, and include some large engines.
Also I used the ferris 0% financing for 48 months. Why tie up my $ when i can use others? This was 3 yrs ago, but I have seen them use it in more recent yrs as well.

OP
Cam15

Cam15

LawnSite Fanatic
I run ferris wb's and love them. I have checked out the ferris standers many times when I go to my dealer and been very impressed. They seem over built, and include some large engines.
Also I used the ferris 0% financing for 48 months. Why tie up my $ when i can use others? This was 3 yrs ago, but I have seen them use it in more recent yrs as well.
Thankyou that's my mentality as well.

OP
Cam15

Cam15

LawnSite Fanatic
If you want to save money and want a real basic stander do look at Bradely. Ours has performed flawless.
I was initially planning on that, but I've been seeing a lot of negative reviews lately.