1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Which stone fruits need heavy cutbacks?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Az Gardener, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Stone fruits in the landscape are a novelty here in Phx. Although they do very well here if you get the right varieties with low chill hours. I always get confused on which varieties get cut back and how much and what blooms on what years growth. I am trying to get it all down on paper for future use I found information on grapes this morning and did a short paper now I just need info on Peaches, Plums, Apricots and Almonds. While we are at it what about Pears and Apples. I have attach my grape pruning paper for everyones use would appreciate any help thx. View attachment Pruning Grapes.doc

2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Why don't you just call the cooperative extension office? Or browse their site? This should have some of what you need. http://cals.arizona.edu/pubs/garden/mg/fruit/index.html Its easier to just call down there sometimes though. You can get all the material you want already printed for you.

3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Just do a search on Pruning fruit trees,I can't go into all that info here I would be typing too long.