Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have narrowed it down to a few choices. Could you guys help me out. I am not real worried about the weight. More worried about power.
1. Kawasaki KBL26A $265
2. Shindy T2500 $330
3. Shindy T260 $365
4. Redmax BCZ2500S
5. Redmax BC2600DL

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I currently have a tanaka 2501 and have had the echo 2400. I'm just not interested in the stihl. I know a lot of people like them but there just seems to be alot of complaints about them on here.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
shindawia an redmax here my choice shindawia 230 or a 260.Bar none they will cut the heads OFF the rest

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
shiny t260 because if you ever have a break down with the t260 stickedger you can replace parts needed on the road...

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
If the T2500 is the 4 stroke, forget about it. It does a good job on the easy stuff but when you have to do some hard core brush cutting, its hopeless! I sold mine and went back to the Kawi. I got the new 27cc model. The 26cc is my back up and they both have heaps of power.

The 2 stroke shins are very good as well but heavier. I know thats not an issue for you but why carry something heavy around for hours when you can use something lighter.

Basically, #1 Kawi 26 or 27. #2 2 stroke 26 Shin. You should be happy with either of these.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've found Shindaiwa to be the best, They also seem to start just as easily on the 5th year as they did on the 1st day, Also like their stick edgers that will edge anything regardless of how grown over it is

·
Registered
542 Posts
My mechanic told me that the Shiny dealer approached him to carry the line. He looked it over and decided it was too difficult to mess with. He picked Tanaka. I bought the largest one they makew and am very happy. I also have a Robin- very good. No problems. If I had to flip a coin from the ones left you mentioned I'd go with Redmax.

Cordially,
S.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Go with Redmax, After using redmax for the last few years I decided to buy the shindawa t260 big mistake. It heavy, vibrates hard, its hard to start ( when you try starting it after its warmed up its hard keeping it running the RPM's will shoot up then itll die) Took it to a dealer had it tested and its not a carburator adjustment. Low emisions = Poor preformance

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.