Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously consitering getting a sulky for my 48" Bob-Cat WB mower, belt drive (double wide cogged belts), 15HP Kawasaki V-Twin engine. My knees are giving me trouble (not from mowing directly), and I think that getting a sulky would be a good solution (a Z-turn would be too big and bulky for my properties). Now for the questions; Will a sulky damage the drive system/shorten the life of the transmission dramatically? Will a sulky pop the front end of my mower (deck) up when I go up a small hill? Is the 15HP engine on my Bob-Cat enough? Which brand?, I am consitering Velke single wheel, Velke double wheel, NOT Proslide. At the moment I'm leaning towards the Velke single wheel. Also, I only weigh 135lbs. Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?????????

·
Banned
49 Posts
i bought some jungle wheels online and i've had it for a week or so and i LOVE IT........i never want to walk again....say that to someone in a wheelchair haha....but if i were u i would get a double wheeled sulkie because from what i hear the single wheel leaves a line in the middle of the stripe....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Not sure where in NJ you live, but I have a set of Jungle Wheels that were on my TTHP for about 5 hours. I only replaced them because I got a great deal on a castoring sulky from another member here. If you're interested in buying them, shoot me a PM.

You'll love them and wonder why you waited so long to get a set.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I would get a proslide. Just my 0.2. :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Go with a double wheel the single wheel will leave a tire mark in the middle of your stripes. On a 48 you shouldn't have any problem with the front popping up. I have a set of jungle wheels on my scag 48 belt with a 14 hp and on my 48 hydro with a 17 hp both do just fine without the front of the deck popping up.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I have a velke x1 on my 32". I get deck pop but because I weight 195 and 32" is already really light. If it had the double belts (like the 36" model) I would get the Velke x2. Its the best sulky on the market. I wouldn't buy anything else.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is there any real reason that you guys prefer the Velke X2 or Jungle Wheels vs. a single wheel Velke (besides the line in the stripe)? I see a lot of guys in my area with the single wheel Velke. Also, would I be crazy to get thye sulky from my dealer? Is the sulky bracket hard to mount? (I think I'd have to drill some holes). Thanks again. :waving:

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Never mind. Wrong post.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've had three different types of sulky's over the years. Without a doubt, the Jungle Wheels are the best I've owned. They are very well made and the wheels are set more forward than some designs. This puts additional weight on the front to keep it from raising if you have a light deck. I've never used a proslide, but have seen a fellow LS use one and there is no way IMHO that it is smoother than a 2 wheeler. The wheels are also in line with the mowers so you won't get that strange third stripe if you're using a single wheel.

mkwl,

If you buy at a dealer, you'll pay top price. Don't wait, you'll be sorry if you do. The install consists of drilling two holes and bolting it on. 10 minutes tops.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys! Anyone else?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Also, does a Velke X2 turn as easily as the single wheel Velke? What is the best deal you guys have seen online for a new Velke X2 and where? what size bar would be best (15" or 18")? Thanks in advance. :cool2:

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Where in the world have you been running WB without sulky? Where is productivity?
Anyway, get 2 wheeler any brand as long as it is trailing type, don't get castoring sulky cause your belt walk can't handle it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.