Lawn Care Forum banner

which velky attachment

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Turf Dawg 
#1 ·
which are better the two wheeled velky or the one made by exmark with a single wheel. are there any reasons for one over the other or is it just which ever one you like the best.

#4 ·
I have a hydro walk behind mower so I love my Trimmer Trap Bullrider. It has casters so it's like using a stander. I can pull a pin on mine use it like a trailering type one too but I think they did away with that option on the newer ones. I never use in trailering mode anyway. It is a little tricky keeping the mower straight on slopes in caster mode though.

#5 ·
Your saying you can use the sulky as a type that follows the mower and doesnt trailer or use it as a trailering type too with the castor type wheels? I would think that castor type is made SOLELY for staying right behind the mower at all times. If it trailers like a normal 2 wheel velke and it has the castors wheels, doesnt it ride kind f goofy when the castors are trying to go one way and the whole unit is trailering?

#9 ·
This will boil down to personal preference. I cut warm season grass that do not "stripe" so I do not have to worry about a middle wheel mark. I will take a single wheel Velke over a two wheel Velke any day of the week. To me the single rides better and trails better. The two wheel has some shake to it on rough areas and also on smaller mowers [32/36] it seems in tight corners to run off curbs, into beds, hit side of house or fence, ect. Like I say it is personal preference and mine is the single. I will say that I do like the Velke brand sulky though.

#12 ·
Yeah, the 2 wheel types do tend to hit everything and fall off curbs,but the one thing I do like about the Velke brand 2 wheel is because of the small wheels, it will turn 360 degrees.
The single wheel Velke will turn 360 also
I have never tried one, but I heard with the spring they ride better than the original single wheel. I bet the price is quite a bit more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.