1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Which would you choose?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SUPRASPORT, Dec 8, 2004.

1. SUPRASPORT

SUPRASPORT LawnSite Member

I sold my JD245 garden tractor and i want to get a ztr. I had planned on the JD717A, but i found out a friend of mine in a nearby city (45 miles away) owns a Ransomes/Bobcat dealership. The JD has the Kawasaki 19HP as does the Bobcat ZT219. The JD has the 48" 7 gauge deck, the Bobcat has a 52" 10 gauge fabricated deck. The best price i could get on the JD is $6000 and $6299 on the Bobcat. My friend that owns the dealership says he will sell me the Bobcat for $5600 The mower will only be used for my residence. (1.5 acre) Don't know too much about the Bobcat mowers and i hope i'am comparing apples to apples. Which would you choose?---Thanks alot --Todd

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I would go with the Bob cat for $5600. 19 hp is a little bit small for a 52" deck but if your only mowing your yard with it then it would be fine. They are both good mowers but i'm just not really a big JD fan. I have heard good things about both mowers and i'm sure you'd be happy with either one.

3. JCW-G

JCW-G LawnSite Member

Todd,
    I know this doesn't answer your question but,I have learned from experience to: never sell anything to a family member and,never do any type of business that involves money with a friend.
    A lost friendship is not worth saving a few dollars.
    Good Luck

4. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

ransomes is a very good value for the money.

5. SUPRASPORT

SUPRASPORT LawnSite Member

I decided on the Bobcat. Will pick it up next saturday the 18th. Wish me luck.---Todd

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Your town's name is CLIMAX??? That's a hoot...LOL

7. nitrotim

nitrotim LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

You ever hear of Intercourse, PA. Right in the middle of AMISH country. Go Figure

8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

We have a Climax va and a Tightsqueeze va and also a small town called Hurt Va close by where I am at.

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

We have a city here named Hell