• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Which Z to buy!

xtreeman

LawnSite Member
Hello Lanscape Pro's,
I just started looking in to ZTR's for using on my Christmas tree farm. My trees are space at 9' rows, so my 6' finish mower and tractor tires are getting too close to my trees. As the trees are growing, I need to go to a different mower (probably a 60"). I have read several post's regarding brands and have heard some good remarks on Xmark, Dixie chopper, and Scag. I have dealers within 30 miles from me that sell these brands. The terrain is a little rough. I will also mow approximately 3 acres of my yard and try to pick up some work on the side as well. I have a few slight grades to deal with also. I am happy with the realiablity and use of my Kubota L2500 tractor, so I would like to look at the Kubota ZTR's as well. Any inpute will be appreciated.

timinkc

LawnSite Member
I just traded in my 2002 John Deere 757 Z-Trac 60" for a 2004...i love them! It is worth mentioning though that I live within 2 miles of my dealer and he's great...1st year if i have trouble they send someone to me to fix it and give me a loaner if i need it.

OP
X

xtreeman

LawnSite Member
Deere guys,
Sorry I didn't even consider the Deere. The dealer of Xmark, Ferris, Kubota, didn't even show me his Deere line.
How do the Z's handle on rough terrain and slopes?

bayfish

LawnSite Senior Member
See which one has the most offset deck to get under the limbs better. May want to consider a front mount deck mower.