Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only have experience on a 60" ferris 3000IS.I am in need of purchasing a new mower in the 60" range.What does everyone prefer and why.I am also considering a bagger.

418 Posts
IMHO i prefer the Simplicity, cant beat that full width roller for striping and the free floating deck

also like the Deere, only downside is the slow blade tip speed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I demoed a Gravely 260 series a week ago. I have no experience with Exmark, JD, Hustler because I'm new, but I sure was impressed with the Gravely. The only thing I didn't like was the price. $9300...ouch. Good luck.

Breck :waving:

·
Registered
743 Posts
Joe'slawnmowing said:
IMHO i prefer the Simplicity, cant beat that full width roller for striping and the free floating deck

also like the Deere, only downside is the slow blade tip speed.
Please, He is talking about a commercial machine. I run Scag's, they have been the best bet yet.

418 Posts
ever stop to think that someone might not be able to afford a Scag right off the bat, maybe buy something to get you through for a year or two before you go out and spend 8 or 9 thousand dollars

418 Posts
Whats wrong with Simplicity, theyve been building mowers for 75 years or so i beleive, i love mine the free floating deck and the striping roller is STANDERED ive thought about a john deere, but i cant bring myself to part with the 2 simplicities that are sitting in my shed

418 Posts
i suppose next year ill break down and either buy a GS30 walk behind Deere or a Scag equivalant that is if i get accounts

·
Registered
743 Posts
They were $10,000 machines actually. It is a commercial machine with commercial parts. I doubt you will be in the buisness in 2-3 years. :)

·
Registered
743 Posts
Joe'slawnmowing said:
Whats wrong with Simplicity, theyve been building mowers for 75 years or so i beleive, i love mine the free floating deck and the striping roller is STANDERED ive thought about a john deere, but i cant bring myself to part with the 2 simplicities that are sitting in my shed
Standard not STANDERED.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.