1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

which ztr to buy?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawn maggot, May 21, 2003.

1. lawn maggot

lawn maggot LawnSite Member
    from indiana

I will soon be purchasing a small commercial ztr.
    I have narrowed the choice down to 3 mowers. Just wanting some opiinions on these.

Scag tiger cub with 19 hp kaw. 48 inch cut
    Dixie Chopper X2001-50 50 inch cut 20hp kohler
    Exmark Lazer Z 52 inch cut 20 hp kohler

Here is how my opinion is on these mowers. I really like our dixie dealer and service, however, I think for near the same money I could get more mower in the exmark and scag. After looking over the options I think the exmark may have the best features for the money. I would like to hear from anyone on their thoughts. Thanks.

2. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Exmark!

3. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I tryed a buddies Exmark this weekend it was a very nice machine. What kind of mowing will you be doing???

4. lawn maggot

lawn maggot LawnSite Member
    from indiana

mostly residential 1-2 acer yards. Some business, this is a secondary income for me. Just getting set up slowly.

5. mickpeg

mickpeg LawnSite Member

If you have a Kubota dealer nearby, check out a ZD 18 (54"deck) with a diesel, hydo lift. It is a far superior than your other choices. It would be last years machine because I think they are now only producing a ZD 21 and 28 (60 and 72" deck) Which is realy too bad because I can't use anything bigger.

6. Gtotoy

Gtotoy LawnSite Member

I just bought a Bobcat 60"Z today with the 23 Kawasaki, on sale till end of month for $6999.00. We only run Bobat's and love 'em!

7. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Buy the SCAG Cub, great machine & even better cut.

8. a1 lawncare

a1 lawncare LawnSite Member

i would vote exmark, but there all good machines, however i would go max on the horse-power. i think most people here would agree, you won't be sorry.

best of luck, keith

oh yea welcome to lawnsite:) lawn maggot