1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Whipple5.7s equipment, truck and trailer.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by WHIPPLE5.7, Jun 8, 2008.

1. WHIPPLE5.7

WHIPPLE5.7 LawnSite Senior Member

A couple months ago I was lucky enough to pick up this enclosed cargo trailer with light damage for $800. Its a 12 X 8. It'll fit two ZTRs side by side. It cost $150 to fix in less than a day. Its not as full now that I pulled out the 2 power rakes and the aerator. The two dumb dogs are my only crew. They normally do more harm than good but atleast they are company. Its been a tough year. I started out doing real well but I've lost 1/2 my customer base because of the economy issues.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

2. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Where's the pics..?

3. WHIPPLE5.7

The Husky is the W21 commercial and its a heavy pig but stripes nice. I've got a couple more 21" Honda commcials but I don't use them nuch these days. I had a older Walker that was my backup ZTR but since I've lost 75% of my ZTR work I sold it to help pay the bills. The little Hustler seems to do OK.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

My blowers and trimmer aren't anything worth posting. Mostly just Echo, Tanaka, Husky. I like my walkbehind edgers. I weld several beads of hard surfacing rod on some of blades to make the blades last longer and get a wider cut.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

4. WHIPPLE5.7

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Bare with me, I'm trying to get the sizing so people can actually see it.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

5. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

Nice stuff.

6. bibbo

bibbo LawnSite Member

THERE HUGE!!! lol nice stuff, i like your crew lol

7. wheels910

wheels910 LawnSite Member

that is the biggest truck and trailer i've ever seen.

really though, you got a good deal on the trailer. are you selling your old wally world plywood trailer?

8. WHIPPLE5.7

I only run this setup on my ZTR jobs(1 day of the week:angry:) The rest of the time I run a little open 5 X 8 trailer full of 21" mowers being pulled by my 2005 1/2 ton because its less weight and resistance so I burn less gas. I purchased the ZTR at the beginning of the season because it was looking like I was going to have atleast 10 or more accounts with it, but it turned that only about 2 or 3 commited so its kind a waste of a mower. My 21" mowers are what makes my money for the most part. Kind of funny because Montana is so big but everyone has tiny yards.