1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

White or Yellow Cornmeal?

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by HazyDavy, Apr 14, 2005.

1. HazyDavy

HazyDavy LawnSite Member

I'm looking to put some cornmeal down on what I believe to be a fungis on my lawn. I can't find any in bulk locally, but they have it at Wal-Mart for $2 per 5 pound bag. All they have is white, enriched corn meal. Will that suffice, or do I need yellow that isn't enriched. Does it matter? Is cornmeal cornmeal?

2. ndunn

ndunn LawnSite Member

Is there a feed store anywhere near you? Even in a city there should be something within a reasonable drive. You should be able to get a 50lb bag for around ten bucks, so that would make it worth the drive. That, and you need to apply it pretty heavy so 5lb bags are only gonna cover a small area. Are you using it as a fungicide/soil builder?

3. ndunn

ndunn LawnSite Member

sorry, spaced out on your post. saw that you have a fungus on your lawn. Do you know what kind it is?

4. HazyDavy

HazyDavy LawnSite Member

Don't know what kind it is. I have a pretty small lawn, and it's a fairly small area. I think 20-25 pounds would probably do it. I just can't seem to find a feed store closeby that has it. I called a few of them today. Would the white,enriched cornmeal work?

5. robcrow03

robcrow03 LawnSite Member

Hazy, check with Southern States. I am in the Burlington area and I believe they have it in their local stores here.

6. HazyDavy

HazyDavy LawnSite Member

Okay, thanks!