Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally decided to buy a stihl fs110r today. I can not believe how powerful this thing is. I cant wait till it breaks in, it ought to be a hoss. In this case i am glad i didnt opt for the new 130. This one is more than enough, my shindaiwas definately wont be getting used near as much. I now plan on getting the chain saw attachment.. So whats your story? And how ya like it?

later chris

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Its not a 4 stroke.. its a 4 mix.. Im going to be buying the fs110 on monday. The dealer is on "Vacation" now.. so i gotta wait.. Ill let you know how it works..

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have the Stihl KM110 with trimmer attachment and the edger attachment.
Lots of power seems to be very fuel efficient too.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Wow, a four stroke that you mix the oil on. Thats a first for me. I'll be needing a new trimmer soo but I'll wait till you guys test run them first because who knows how the valves will last.

·
Registered
185 Posts
would like to have replaced my oldest sthil but due to the extra dry season we have had could not justfy it. :help: :blush: The older one is still going strong but it is a 2000 model maybe next year unless this one takes a dump;
:blush:

·
Banned
1,817 Posts
We use all stihl handhelds. We still have many two cycles on the job still being productive.

The four mixes got that low-end grunt. We have many with thousands of hours on them. Most have not had the valve adjustment yet and very little down time on the four mixes.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've had my FS-110 trimmer for two seasons, lots of hours, no valve adjustments yet. As far as I'm concerned they are proven. Everything I have is 4-mix except my chainsaw. I love them all. Killer low end torque!

Mike

·
Registered
423 Posts
went on a property clean up today and took the waist-high weeds down with ease...this thing cuts a hot knife through a stick of butter...I will say that it takes a little getting used to the unreal torque...this thing doesn't bog down at all...it will break a line, but not bog down...does anybody recommend a line other than nylon for it...some talk of oregon line...what about that husky line with the titanium?

·
Registered
805 Posts
I bought the Shindaiwa 2510 as well, and returned it right away. It has a rev limiter on it, so when you're string gets low (when edging for instance), it starts cutting out to protect the engine. Problem is the head starts wobbling and and cuts all your string down and it goes inside the head. I was told dealer was aware of this problem.

As for the Stihl, do all stihl heads use two pieces of trimmer string to wind, or you can you replace them?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've got a stihl km110r 4mix edger. I bought it last season, and it was the greatest thing since sliced bread, until this season. Now it spends more time in the shop getting fixed than it does on the trailer. I will not buy any more 4cycle equipment until I have to.

·
Registered
10,802 Posts
I tried the 600 Wednesday, it will be great for the cutting season. It is lite weight and is very Quiet. It seems to blow like the Echo 650-750. This blower is nice to have on your back compared to the bigger heavier 8000,750's so everyday use looks good. It seems to me that it will blow grass great with out the weight and noise or big fuel consumption.

If you need the power you can pull out the 8000 when the leaves start falling and have some fun.
John

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
I've got almost 2 seasons on a Stihl FS110. Its a real powerhouse. You have to know how to crank it though. But all Stihls have a certain way to crank them. I bought 2 more FS85's last year to have around. On regular weekly stuff I prefer the 85's, but on retaining ponds, lakes, or any other large area to trim, the 110 gets the workout. Makes it a lot faster.
The 110 has probably close to 500 hours on it with no problems.
The 5 Fs 85's have 1000's of hours without any problems either.

My next trimmer purchase is probably an FS250. It should compliment my bushhogging side of the business well.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Howard Roark said:
I bought the Shindaiwa 2510 as well, and returned it right away. It has a rev limiter on it, so when you're string gets low (when edging for instance), it starts cutting out to protect the engine. Problem is the head starts wobbling and and cuts all your string down and it goes inside the head. I was told dealer was aware of this problem.

As for the Stihl, do all stihl heads use two pieces of trimmer string to wind, or you can you replace them?
I really never mean any thing but respect, but I don’t think you know what you are talking about. I am truly sorry. I don’t like to make any statements close to “Your wrong.”

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.