who has a website

hotrod1965

LawnSite Senior Member
Hey you guys with websites, we should be working together to link our sites together. This will help you rank better locally on search engines.

Don M.

LawnSite Member
Why not just set up a blog at blogspot, write some blogs and send the links to your site?

You can do the same with wordpress. Just make sure your domain is titled correctly.

This is one I did for my pressure washing site. Mind you, I havent updated it in a while since I rank good locally for my services.

www.stlouiscleaning.blogspot.com

OP
H

hotrod1965

LawnSite Senior Member
Why not just set up a blog at blogspot, write some blogs and send the links to your site?

You can do the same with wordpress. Just make sure your domain is titled correctly.

This is one I did for my pressure washing site. Mind you, I havent updated it in a while since I rank good locally for my services.

www.stlouiscleaning.blogspot.com
What will happen is that you will have a bunch of links from the same site pointing to the same site.... Google will catch on and it wont help you that much.

Don M.

LawnSite Member
What will happen is that you will have a bunch of links from the same site pointing to the same site.... Google will catch on and it wont help you that much.
My website guy always told me its a waste of time to trade links with contractors, because its a wash. It doesnt help much.

Yes, I agree, you cant just do a blogspot acct. You can do several things for free. Spread it out a little.

OP
H

hotrod1965

LawnSite Senior Member
My website guy always told me its a waste of time to trade links with contractors, because its a wash. It doesnt help much.

Yes, I agree, you cant just do a blogspot acct. You can do several things for free. Spread it out a little.
It will help you rank locally. How many other holiday lighting contractors do you think there are in your area with websites? It's not very competitive so all you need is a little push.