1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Who Hates Winter?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Indiana, Nov 21, 2000.

1. Indiana

Indiana LawnSite Member

Sunday morning we woke up to 3" of snow.

I thought "AUGHHH!!!"

Then I watched the news and saw that the whole week it was going to be in the thirties as a high.

I really hate winter. I get so board with sitting around and thinking about all the things I want to do. I don't live to mow, but I really enjoy it.

Anybody else hate winter?

2. lawnboy

lawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

I hate it also we have about 1.5ft of snow in Grand Rapids, MI. I still have about 25 clean ups left. The weather is not helping

3. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Absolutely LOVE IT!!! Can't go skiing without snow!!! ;)

4. Indiana

Indiana LawnSite Member

That's probably the only good thing about winter is snow skiing.

5. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

I love it here but thats because we never get it. I am praying for it now, for the beauty and to put some loot in my own pockets. =)

6. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

come on winter is the best evey1 in your family is always more closer .i enjoy throwing snowballs at my girlfriend going snowboarding sleding , there is pleny of money to make buy a plow for your truck.

7. dhicks

dhicks Member

I love snow! Unfortunately, I'm about a 100 miles north of Toronto vacationing. According to the weather folks, both crossings back into the US are closed because of 3 - 5 feet of snow. It's great that I have until Saturday for the roads to get clear. Thank God for internet access at the public library.

8. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I got an AOL Instant Message from a member in Buffalo saying at about 11:30 PM they had already gotten 41" of snow in 24 hours and was taking a quick nap for 3 hours. That is a lot of snow, so good luck getting back home. :)

9. Scape Sculptor

Scape Sculptor LawnSite Member

I also dislike winter; I am a spring-summer person myself. Not to mention I have plenty of clean-up work to do still. We just got our first covering of snow here in Akron, OH. You can still see blades of grass peeking out; but it's still coming down and cold.
    Alot of trees held onto their leaves longer than usual this year.

10. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

I love the changing of the seasons. It gives me something to look forward to. Easy solution to your hating snow, buy a plow and you'll be sening green all year round.

Mike
    Greenkeepers