Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
14,691 Posts
I have a 2000 Exmark Metro 36" with 14 hp Kaw.

It's a pretty decent machine. It's a lot better than the Gravely that it replaced. My only complaints are the front caster bushings wore out too early, the front wheel bearings wore out too early and I have had to replace both blade spindles, one under warranty and one I paid for.

It cuts grass great, even in damp conditions. I have never had a problem with belt slippage. It still has the original transmission at a guesstimated 800 hours. My Gravely had already been through 2 transmissions by the same time. The drive belts are original and I don't see having to replace them anytime soon.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have a 36" Metro 15HP. It's frikkin sweet!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
We have a Metro 48" w/ 14 Kohler. Don't like the engine, but it works (starts hard, vibration, loud). It has been pulling the sit down steerable sulky for years now without a problem. Hydro would be nice for control and especially reverse, but the double-v belts work fine. Plenty of power.

Last year, we switched to the solid front tires (hooray!). Now if we can just keep the drive tires from losing air all the time and being punctured.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Got 1. 2000 Metro HP 48/17 (fixing to upgrade to a 23) love it.
Like Richard M., I had to replace a front wheel bearing (well, changed out the tire/rim/bearing.... rim was frozen, tire was turning on the rim) Broke the deck-belt tension spring during the first season, but other than that, it's been excellent (until yesterday, noticed the air filter box/carb was loose, forgot to tighten it enough when I did the PM, and now it's leaning out the discharge-side spark plug.)

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I have 2 TTHP's, 48" 17 hp kawi/es. Both are 2003's and have Proslides on them. They have been good machines so far. One, unfortunately has been in the shop 3 times for a surging problem and is still in the shop as we speak. The other one, ok, so far(knock on wood).

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just bought for this year a Turf Tracer HP 36" with a 15 hp Kawasaki Hydrostatic. It is very nice. I got the mulch kit and bagger with it.

My uncle has one as well and he modified his where he is able to keep the mulch kit on and still use the bagger. It is a pain when you have to take out about 8 bolts just to change from bag to mulch kit.

Also, does anyone on here have the part that extents the deck 18"?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have a one month old 36" metro.
It's just ok. I liked the cut originally but as soon as I put a sulky on it the cut looked bad. Don't know what I expected but the 2 wheel sulky left deep wheel marks ( I guess I'm to fat, 220 lbs, for a sulky ) :eek:

My biggest concern so far is the slipping in the wet. For those of you who haven't had that problem come on vacation to the NorthWest and bring your mower :p :p I can promise you slippage. Last week there were 2 days my mower was just a weight for my trailer. I did the first lawn on Thursday and by the end of it my helper assisted in getting it back in the trailer and that was the last I could use it. I tired about every couple lawns and no go.
The worst part was I pressure washed it well and kept it in the garage all night and the next day it was still slipping from the day before. I don't know how long it takes to dry out.

I called ExMark and they told me though they don't recommend it a lot of guys use a belt conditioner that makes the belts gummy. They say it reduces the life of the belt but it may help!!!

·
Registered
874 Posts
You still had belts slipping after you adjusted your tension springs to the bottom holes, Five Diamond? Mine are in the original holes, and I've never had them slip. (jungle wheels, and over 200#)

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I bought when i was 14 year old a 32" exmark metro for $600. I replaced the front wheels and hubs, new grass gobbler, rear tires. I still have it. It doesn't cost my anything to keep, but space in storage. I my be use it twice a year or when a friend breaks his only mower (36" scag) i let him borrow it. He just got started last year. I cleaned it all up and repainted it. I have two different guys offer me $1200 for it sitting in the back of my truck. I love it. Great little machine. I wish i had bought an exmark instead of a buton bullet as my first machine. The buton broke every other week. Which is why i got the exmark in the first place. It Help out on one job, which only had 1/2" one each side of the gate. Other wise it was 3/4 of an acre with a 21" push.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have a 48" Metro with floating deck does real good on clean-ups Plenty of Power. I would like to get a 48" hydro as well, but the belt drive has no problem hauling me around on a jungle jim sulky all 215 pounds of me.

Here is a picture of mine:

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
i have a 2003 metro hp 48" / 15 kawasaki. love it. only i minor adjustment on it so far. it has been a very reliadle machine

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.