Who knows how many cuts in a day in Canada?

samsaira

LawnSite Member
Hey guys! This question is for people who live in Canada. We have small yards compared to U.S. standards.
Does anyone know how many lawns should be cut in a day (8 hour day) with a two man crew? Using a 21" inch. Thanks.

crazymike

LawnSite Senior Member
Hey guys! This question is for people who live in Canada. We have small yards compared to U.S. standards.
Does anyone know how many lawns should be cut in a day (8 hour day) with a two man crew? Using a 21" inch. Thanks.
Canadian lawn sizes are no different than US lawn sizes. They vary.

I've lived in both places.

There are lots of 1 acre, 2acre, 5 acre properties all over the GTA. In the bridle path there are lots of 1 acre properties as well.

If you're talking about cookie cutter, tiny lawns, mow, trim, blow and go you're looking to cut about 15-30 a day if you really push and have a tight route. They are worth about $100 a month.

If anything, the average lawn size in Canada is bigger than the US, we have way less people and more land.

OP
S

samsaira

LawnSite Member
Canadian lawn sizes are no different than US lawn sizes. They vary.

I've lived in both places.

There are lots of 1 acre, 2acre, 5 acre properties all over the GTA. In the bridle path there are lots of 1 acre properties as well.

If you're talking about cookie cutter, tiny lawns, mow, trim, blow and go you're looking to cut about 15-30 a day if you really push and have a tight route. They are worth about $100 a month.

If anything, the average lawn size in Canada is bigger than the US, we have way less people and more land.
Thanks Mike. Yeah, I meant the cookie cutter homes. That's what I thought. I was estimating 16-18. I'm hiring 2 full time people plus myself. So, in reality three but won't be doing 3 people for next year. It will be two.

greenerman

LawnSite Member
Yes they use 21 inchers. Two guys cut and the third guy trims. They have a few blowers, so whoever can, blows. They are in and out pretty fast. I have been cutting near them and they are done when I am still in the back yard!

nickslawnltd

LawnSite Member
We do a one day route in a retirement community that we bang 35 off in a day with a 2 man crew. It's a tight route some spots we have 5 yards where the truck never moves.

OP
S

samsaira

LawnSite Member
Yes they use 21 inchers. Two guys cut and the third guy trims. They have a few blowers, so whoever can, blows. They are in and out pretty fast. I have been cutting near them and they are done when I am still in the back yard!
Thanks man! Made my day. I under estimated the potential. Feels good to know that I will be making more than planned.:drinkup: