1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about enhanced efficiency fertilizers with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

who likes palms?

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by South Florida Lawns, Sep 21, 2010.

1. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Palm job today, typical Queens, and yes we maintain that property and all the ones around that pond.

1.jpg

2.jpg

last.jpg

2. RadiantLawnCare

RadiantLawnCare LawnSite Member

looks like some very nice accounts!

3. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Wow real nice.

4. South Florida Lawns

from usa

5. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good bro...I personally hate trimming the queen palms, the washingtonians are way easier. I still use a manual pole saw for the little trimming i do and it sucks. I will probably pick up a Stihl HT 101 for next year though.

6. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Looks good. When kept right palms look nice. Many people trim them up to high. We do alot of palms and just use a still climbing saw and extension ladder.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. South Florida Lawns

from usa

Sean I couldn't agree more with you. I hate the "Hurricane Cut" that 90% of tree service co. do. We use HT131 pole saws. I need to get a climbing saw for the taller trees.

8. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

if you keep up with them as part of your regular maintenance, you usually ended up with a few fronds each week as they start to droop or turn color. not as much of a pita as doing a bunch of them at once. but it does make good winter work....

much easier to cut with a hand pole saw while still green as well...

I probably would have gone one more whorl on the closest tree. I liked to to have a dome/half a globe of fronds. nothing hanging below the "equator" as it were...

nice looking props

9. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

...........oops double post