Who makes the best 12v Tank Sprayer and/or Boom?

jMacDaddy

LawnSite Member
Fimco, Chapin...someone else?
I'm thinking in the 15-30 gallon range. 4 or 5 foot boom max
Do their pumps last more than a couple years? etc...

get-n-by

LawnSite Member
My next purchase will be an NORTHSTAR. Reasoning is the way it is built. I have had two fimco's that both leaked from the mounting holes from stress cracks. The Chapin I have now can not be filled to the capacity level because it leaks through the grommet that the suction tube goes through. Just had the yellow drain cap split on me tuesday. I keep them in an enclosed trailer so sun damage is not the reason for there issues. Just poor design. They can not take the abuse of riding on a zero turn .I guess.

get-n-by

LawnSite Member
Thanks, i'll keep them in mind. After reading a ton of reviews, i'm not sold on Fimco or Chapin.
I don't agree that all the pumps are similar. This one uses a better than avg pump:
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...dAQZ_QxGLbavCsacfLyUsFTe3xQo4UARA475j3LV76se4
This is the exact same design as the Chapin I have now. But it is a 15gal. I have had it for one year and as I stated above. I think it is a crappy design. Where the step down in the tank is.It leaks around the black grommet pretty bad from sloshing . I spray round up so this is important ! The drain cap has leaked a few times and just recently cracked and sprayed round up all over the place. I have another 25gal tank that has a more of a SQUARE tank with a Shur-flow pump . It has worked very well with no-leaks but I have had to rebuild the pump a few times over the years. I run the tank on my ROPS bar on a zero turn. So this is why I went to the 15 gal tank. It is way shorter in statue. I can not remember what impressed me with the Northern Tool brand at the moment. But i rememberer that i said this will be my next spray tank. So definitely check them out.